It’s a backcountry burrito bonanza. We are serving up an eggs-quisite meal for the great outdoors.
Preparing food in the wilderness where kitchen conveniences are not available should be easy, fun and delicious.
To help you with your camp meal preperation, we have provided an easy-to-make and delicious-to-eat breakfast recipe.
Sunrise Breakfast Burritos ( 4 servings )
What you’ll need:
- 4 large tortillas
- 1/2 cup of powdered eggs (makes approx. 6 eggs)
- 3/4 cups of water
- 1 package shelf stable bacon
- 1 large potato
- Tbsp cooking oil
- Your favorite toppings
1. Prepare your egg mixture. Combine water and powdered eggs and set aside. If you purchased a retail package of powdere eggs, follow the directions on the package.
2. Chop your potato into bite-sized cubes. Add oil to pot or pan. Fry until tender for approx. 10-15 mins. on medium-high heat. If your stove only has one setting – high, like the whisperlite – keep an eye on the potatoes and stir to keep from burning. Set aside. We season with roasted red pepper and garlic seasoning for some extra flavor and also place inside a container and rest it inside a pot cozy to maintain its heat.
3. Cook your egg mixture by simmering on medium-low heat. If your stove does not simmer, stir constantly to avoid burning the eggs. After approx. 2 mins the eggs will start to solidify. Continue cooking until all the eggs are solid but still moist. Set aside.
4. In the same pot, heat your shelf stable bacon. This is fully cooked so it only requires 30-60 secs to heat up.
5. Add potatoes, eggs, bacon and your favorite toppings to a tortilla, wrap and enjoy. We like to top with Ketchup or rehydrated salsa, shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
With a breakfast like this you’ll wish every morning started with a little sun and salsa!